On the western edge of Old Louisville this former eye sore features airy ceilings, huge windows, extensive open office areas, and energy-efficient features including a white roof.
Originally opened in the 1920’s, this building was long a distribution and services center for Louisville Gas and Electric. Vacant since the 1990’s this 120,000 square foot main building has been transformed into a modern-office facility that houses over 300 Louisville Metro Government employees and various Louisville Metro departments. Reopened as the Edison Center in 2016, the building serves as the hub of the Old Louisville Innovation District. Two auxiliary buildings on the site are also being revitalized.
Location: 701 W. Ormsby St.