The Wright-Taylor Building, originally built in 1928, is a two-story masonry and terracotta building at the southeast corner of Fourth and Chestnut Streets, just behind The Henry Clay. Originally constructed as office space for Wright & Taylor, Inc., the building later housed multiple retailers as part of the Fourth Street shopping and entertainment district that once existed. Renovated under the direction of Weyland Ventures this building reopened in 2014 as the Mercury Ballroom and serves as a major music venue in downtown Louisville. Added to the National Register of Historic places in 1984, the Wright-Taylor building was a marvel in its day for its imaginative use of stylistic motifs and variety of color, and remains a rare local example of Tudor-Gothic architecture.
Location: Fourth and Chestnut Streets, Louisville, KY 40202